Make 2020 a Year of Less Waste
Green Living: January 2020
By Meredith Keet
Happy New Year! Who has resolved to use less plastic and generate less waste in 2020??!! We have! Here are some tips to start you off on your way towards changing your impact on the planet this year:
1) Eat less meat and dairy, even if just a little. This may be one of the most impactful things you can do.
2) Skip the air travel and adventure locally.
3) Try a waste challenge: choose a time period to collect your trash and then evaluate what trash you’ve created. How could you produce less the next time around?
4) Start composting or find a friend who does and can compost for you.
5) Shop used or repair what’s broken rather than buying new.
6) Walk/Bike or take public transport when you can.
7) Learn more about what’s happening with your local recycling center. What are they actually able to recycle and what items will likely end up in the landfill? The answers will suprise you!
8) Think circular-each product you use or wear, consider what it took to bring it to you and what will happen to it at the end of its life.
Be gentle with yourself. Don’t shoot for perfection, but rather small changes that will become easier with time and add up to make a big difference. You got this!
The Zero Shop!